Monday 23 May 2011

New FV cupboard

When I've had spare time, which seems to be rarely, I've been making a new fv cupboard to house my 2 new and unused HDPE conicals. One is 110ltr, the other 40ltr, and another 40ltr will soon be acquired. Each conical cupboard will have a 60 watt tubular heater to heat the ferment when required, and each conical fv will have a cooling coil inside them to cool the ferment when required. The 110ltr conical cooling coil will be 'fed' by the recirculating python line of my beer chiller. The 2 40ltr conicals will be 'fed' by pumping a glycol solution through the 2 product coils of the beer chiller. To do this I will make a reservoir for the glycol solution and will possibly use 2 submersible pumps to recirculate the solution, though I haven't decided for definite on this. The cupboard is still to be finished though hopefully this will happen in the next 2 weeks.