Tuesday 26 March 2013

Well, February's been and gone, still no brewing but things have been moving forward 'behind the scenes'. Unfortunately a couple of minor issues with some hand made parts prevented my new modified Blichmann Hop Rocket from entering use as an in-line filter for my Gasket Plate Heat Exchanger, that's now been remedied and it'll be covered in another post. A new addition to the V1 brewery arrived today in the form of a 60ltr conical from www.tanksuk.co.uk I now have 40,60 and 110ltr which should give me total flexibility regarding batch sizes, the 40 being 1 corny worth plus some bottles, the 60 2 cornies worth and the 100 a lot more...lol. I have all the 'add ons' to convert the conical so it should be a quick and easy job to get it ready for use. I also have some liquid yeasts in the posts along with some speciality malts so all being well the first brew in 2 years will take place within the next 2 weeks.