Friday 14 February 2014

Breath of new life for the V1 Brewery

Over the last 2 weeks I've been stealing some time to get the V1 Brewery ready to brew again. From previous posts I had an issue with the cooling side of my conical fermenters. I've now modified my maxi beer cooler with 2 separate cooling circuits with independent pumps I bought from Home Brew Builder (thanks Mark ;-)) which I'll post about later. Tonight I've replaced a faulty PID unit in the control box with a replacement SYL-1512A unit from Auberins, though I still have to change the settings and calibrate it before 1st use. I've got 2 new liquid yeasts in the fridge waiting to be set free on some sweet wort. I've re-installed Beersmith after losing it, along with all my previous recipes, when the last pc went down, it's now populated with an inventory and a few recipes to be made :-) I've sold 2 of my conicals and now have 2 x 60ltr c's, one of which is ready to go, the other I've modified this week but I still have to calibrate it volume wise. That's enough for now, will post up on the maxi mod tomorrow.